Emsur acquires Ultrapak

Friday, 11 December 2015 Published in News

Emsur, the Lantero Group division specializing in the manufacture of flexible packaging, has finalized the acquisition of the American sleeve manufacturer Ultrapack based in Dunkirk (Nueva York).

The agreement means that Emsur will take a 51% share in the company and has committed to acquire the remaining 49% within a period still to be determined.

The aim is that this plant will become the Group’s main center for the production of sleeves in the United States. The transaction represents Emsur’s second initiative in this country in just two years, after it set up an 8,000m2 flexible packaging plant near Chicago in 2014.

The acquisition strengthens Emsur’s international expansion strategy, which currently has production plants located in Spain (Madrid and Valencia), France (Ballée), Poland (Warsaw), Argentina (Córdoba), Mexico (Querétaro) and the United States (New York and Chicago).